chocolate. espresso. sugar. is there anything better?
Have you ever had that one dessert that makes you think of it even when you are eating other desserts? This is one of those magical desserts!
what is a mousse?
A chocolate espresso mousse is a delicious, light, airy and sinful dessert! The soft texture mixed with the pack of the espresso creates a dessert that will have you licking the bowl when its all done!
shall we make one?
- 8 oz of semi sweet chocolate chocolate chips or 8 oz of semi sweet chocolate sauce
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of very finely ground espresso
- in a saucepan heat your heavy cream (leave 1/4 cup of heavy cream out of this mix) and whisk in your egg yolks and sugar
- next add in your chocolate sauce or chocolate to melt into your cream and your espresso
- place in the fridge to cool for about 30 minutes
- while the mousse is chilling, whip the last 1/4 cup of cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar until stiff peaks form
- remove your mousse from the fridge and gently fold your whip cream into the mix
- divide between 6-8 cups and chill for 30 minutes!
- enjoy with powdered sugar, chocolate shavings or ice cream on top!
its not too hard is it?!
Now that we have that made and were enjoying! Share with a friend or eat them all yourself!!