Need a re-set post 4th of July festivities?
Independence day is one of the most amazing holidays here in America! We celebrate our freedom as a country, the men and women who have fought for our freedom in the past and the patriotism that is the USA. With those celebrations come beer, whiskey, sun, hot dogs, steak (use our rub!) and tons of desserts!
There is no time like the present to start this little coffee detox!
Lighter Coffee Drinks
2 lighter calorie coffee drinks
Cold Brew with Cold Brew Cubes:
- Check out how to make Cold Brew here
- 8 oz of cold brew concentrate
- ice cube tray! (grab this cool AK47 cube tray here)
- make your delicious cold brew and cut the concentrate with water
- grab your pre-made ice cubes and plop them into your glass
- drink and enjoy the detox!
Creamy Coconut Milk Coffee:
- 8-12 oz of your favorite BRCC coffee brewed either (cold brew, AeroPress or drip)
- 4 oz of coconut milk creamer
- Brew your coffee to your preference
- pour your lower calorie creamer into your coffee
- drink and enjoy the deliciousness!
Healthy Espresso Chocolate Nut Bites
I love a good snack that is packed with crunch, sweetness and a kick! While we are on our coffee detox we might as well throw in a coffee chocolate snack! If we are putting in the energy to light our coffee lets make a coffee packed energy bar that is full of flavor and energy!
Healthy Espresso Chocolate Nut Bars
- 1 1/2 cups of mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoons of BRCC AK espresso (get here)
- 1/4 cup of honey (get here)
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- grind your espresso beans to a fine grind and gently stir into the chocolate
- pour your mixed nuts into a bowl and pour honey over the nuts and stir until they are all gently coated
- on a baking sheet covered in parchment or wax paper, evenly spread your nut and honey mix
- place in the oven at 350° Fahrenheit for 15 minutes to harden caramelize
- remove from the oven and let the honey harden for about 15 minutes while you melt your chocolate
- in a microwave proof bowl melt your chocolate chips
- cut into granola bar shapes and dip the bottoms into your melted chocolate & espresso mix
- place back into the freezer for 15 minutes, and enjoy!