Mocha Meets Popsicle
Remember back to when we were kids and the days would be hot in the summer and right around 3:30 pm on our way home from the pond or lake or pool we’d stop at the ice cream stand and grab a popsicle to munch on? My favorite as a kid were the fudgesicles. They were chocolatey and decadent. Like eating a brownie on a stick.
We took to the drawing board and recreated a combat cocoa mocha fudgesicle to bring back those nostalgic feelings!
Let’s start the pop stand!
here’s what you’ll need!
- 2/3 cup of combat cocoa (buy here)
- 1 cup of coconut milk –full fat, or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground espresso (buy this one!)
- small pinch of salt
- in a small sauce pan on medium to low heat, heat the coconut milk or regular milk and whisk in your combat cocoa
- next, add in your granulated sugar and ground espresso to let the espresso to steep for 5 minutes
- lastly add in your pinch of salt and stir while the espresso steeps
- when your espresso has steeped into your fudge mixture, remove from the heat and strain into a bowl with a fine strainer or cheese cloth
- pour your fudgesicle mixture into your popsicle molds and let freeze over night (at least 12 hours)
- eat and enjoy the sweet mocha energy