whip. mocha. whip.
What is the best part of a mocha…? Clearly the whip cream! So what if we infused our whip cream with espresso to make our mocha even richer in flavor? Let’s do it!
WHY do we infuse?
I guess we could choose regular whip cream for our mocha, but why not add a twist to our mocha with infusing our whip cream with espresso flavor!?
All you really need to do this is a thin strainer, espresso, heavy cream and some vanilla extract! Shall we start?!
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground espresso
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- in a small saucepan heat up your heavy cream on low heat and add your espresso grounds to the heavy cream
- continue to stir the heavy cream for 3 minutes while you infuse the cream with the espresso
- remove the heavy cream from the heat and strain through your strainer to remove the espresso grounds
- set the pan aside to cool for 20 minutes
- when your cream is cool, pour into a bowl and add in your sugar and your vanilla extract
- whip the cream for 3-4 minutes until soft peaks form
- dollop on top of your mocha (recipe here) and enjoy!