Get caffeinated…. outside?
Adventure takes us literally where ever we need to be. But caffeine lets us do those adventures WAY faster and little more jacked. So keep reading because we are about to walk you through your next caffeinated adventure.
As an ex-river bum (aka rafting photographer) I was always finding myself needing a pick me up half way through the day and something that survive scrambling up and down on rocks, rafting and adventuring! I would always turn to a espresso punch for my energy boost! I found myself reaching for my thermos packed with cold brew coffee and trail mix! But how amazing would it be if we could combine the two! Well guys…. keep reading because we are about to make something amazing!
We just wrote a whole article on why the AeroPress product is the bomb! So to review…. the AeroPress system is a single serve, durable, plastic coffee brewing product! It fits in your pack and makes a damn good cup of coffee! Click here to buy from your very own Black Rifle Coffee store! If you want to know how to use the product (that you seriously need to buy) click here! I walk you through the whole thing!
Durable Thermoses for the Great Outdoors
Summer is upon us! Whether you enjoy your coffee hot or cold you should always have a durable double wall insulated thermos…. that was a mouthful. But seriously, these thermoses keep your coffee hot for up to 12 hours and cold for 12-24 hours. So whether you are into your iced cold brew (check out how to make it here) or into your cold coffee via AeroPress (see blog here) you need a vessel to drink your brew out of!
When you hit the trails and brew your coffee make sure you take one of our thermoses with you to truly enjoy our beans!
Buy your Black Rifle Coffee Company thermoses here!
Espresso Caramel Nut Clusters
Do you ever find yourself starving? With a hunger that only espresso caramel nut clusters can cure? Well, you have come to the right place!
Whether you are hiking, rafting, camping or just hanging out you can grub down with these delicious treats! Follow and click along and you too can enjoy these tasty treats during camping season!
Let’s get to caramelizing!
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of AK Espresso ground coffee (buy here)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (buy here)
- 3/4 stick of unsalted butter (buy here)
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- pinch of salt (buy here)
- 1 bag of mixed roasted & unsalted nuts (buy here)
- *if you are Dairy sensitive click here for a dairy-free version
- Grind your AK espresso beans to the finest grind you can get
- In your small saucepan, heat your sugar and salt for 1 minute on medium heat
- Place your unsalted butter in the sauce pan and stir until the butter is melted into the sugar *the butter melting might splatter be careful
- Next, slowly pour in your cream and let boil for 2 minutes until the color turns caramel
- Add in your fine ground espresso and stir until combined
- Lower the heat to allow your caramel to simmer for 3 minutes until the caramel becomes thicker in texture
- Pull off heat after 3 minutes and allow to cool
- When the caramel is cool, grab your mixed nuts on a piece or wax or parchment paper pinch out a few nuts and repeat until you have the desired about of clusters
- Take your caramel and drizzle over your nut clusters and freeze for 10 minutes until you can’t stand it any more
- EAT EAT EAT
- If you don’t want to make nut clusters, drizzle some into your BRCC coffee or on your ice cream for more delicious treats!